Tuesday, October 18, 2011

If Only

I just got off the phone after an hour and a half of talking to one of my very close friends. We started out talking about one thing that lead to another and another...after she hung up I was thinking about what we had discussed and I just started typing.

This rant/poem/what ever you want to call it is from the top of my head. And if I do say so myself...for being this tired and being this late at night...it's pretty darn good :)


If only people didn't depend on their popularity
If only people use their brains instead of their looks to get what they wanted in life.
If only people took more time to notice what they were saying instead of what they were wearing.
If only people weren't so rude, self centered, and arrogant.
If only people could get off the internet into the real world.
If only people would go back to simpler times of laughter and love
If only the world could be at peace for a day.
If only the world could be accepting of itself.
If only the world would stop for a moment and think.
If only the world would stop for a moment and sing.
If only we could come together as one.
If only we could realize that we are all so different, yet exactly the same.
If only we stopped, and all held hands.
If only we tried to love one another.
If only we gave what we had to each other.
If only we could see where we will go.
If only we gave all that we could give, so that there was no hatred left on the earth.
"If" is a wish." Let's" is an idea, but "WE CAN" is the promise the will and the right.
If we will only put up the fight WE CAN all do whats right. Be proud of who we are.
And although who we are is not perfect, only time can tell. How close to perfect we can be.
If we become each others brother if we, take the road less traveled, if we all put in the effort:

WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!!

~Hannah Riley Hancock
October 18, 2011

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome Hannah! You are a much better blogger than I am!!
    Meghan Cleverly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Meghan! I bet your blog is awesome! Whats it called? I would love to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the most amazing kids. I'm extremely grateful you're one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you daddy :) I have the most amazing parents and I am SO FLIPPIN' EXTREEMLY GRATEFUL YOU are one of them :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wishes for better things!
    I find that even in my old age I have to remind myself to think of others first, to be inclusive and attentive to each each each person. It ain't easy for us selfish human beings. Thanks for the reminder.
    Grammanita.

    ReplyDelete