Thursday, November 28, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving {Days 27&28}

I wrote my post yesterday, but for some odd reason it didn't post! So I'm posting it today!

Day 27
I am thankful for catch-up days where I can just relax and do my laundry in peace. ALSO. I saw Catching Fire today and it was perfect. I'm still freaking out. SO GOOD! AAAHH!

Day 28
Well, today as been amazing. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Today we drove up to Idaho to have Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family. I love all of them so much! They are all such wonderful people and I love hanging out with them. I love these kinds of family gatherings in general so I thought I would make a list of some of the reasons why I love them so much!

  • Piano/Singing sessions with my cousins. We just sing all the Broadway we know by heart, and some new pop songs too. We almost always make it a point to do so when we get to see each other and I love getting to sing with some of my favorite people.
  • Dilly Beans. No, sorry, let me say that again. The so good you stuff your face and can never get enough of them, Grandma Betty's recipe, Dilly Beans. Amazing. Thanks Uncle Jim!
  • All the other food. Because it's pretty amazing too.
  • Playing with my little mini cousins who I know wont be so mini for much longer. Darn them and their cutie powers.
  • Remembering those who have left us for a time, but we will all get to see again someday. The ones without whom I would not be here today.
  • The Idaho sunset we witnessed tonight! Probably the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. (Don't worry! I will post pictures tomorrow!)
  • Just talking and laughing together. That's pretty great too.
I love my family and I love that my life has been centered around family. It's these kinds of days that I want my future children and grandchildren to experience someday. I thank my family for making life about the people you spend it with, because really, if you have family, you have everything. 

Love all of you!
HannahRiley

P.S. The belching contest video and pictures will be up tomorrow. ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment