Saturday, November 17, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving ~ Day 17

Holy Cow! I can't believe I have made it 17 days and I haven't forgotten once!! It's a miracle!

Anyways. Today I am going to write about how thankful that I don't live in a society like that of The Hunger Games, 1984, or Anthem. I am fairly certain that if I had to live in one of those societies I would probably either die, die trying to get out of there, or end up starting a rebellion and having nightmares for the rest of my life.

I am so immensely thankful that I have the freedom to live where I want and have the career and job I want. I am thankful that I can go to college where ever I want, if I get the grades to do so. I am thankful that I can vote and that the government here in America is at least some what stable. At least more stable than most countries anyways.

And besides... If the nation of Panem were to ever come into existence... I live in Utah where the capitol would be anyways.. So I'm safe! :) That is until someone from New York starts a rebellion with her insanely attractive boyfriend(s)... ;)

But really, in all seriousness I truly am grateful that I have these wonderful freedoms, and I am even more grateful for those men and women who fight for my freedom every day. <3

~Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment