Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving ~ Day 4


... Describe how I feel about music! I am SO thankful for music and the role it has played in my life this far. I have actually figured that I listen to music more than I don't. Whenever I have money it's either spent on clothes, going to the movies, or music. Usually music. It has changed my life forever! Music is the greatest stress reliever ever created. It is my absolute favorite thing in the entire world. I LOVE IT MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE EVER CREATED!!!

One of the best feelings is when you're sitting alone in your room, with the music blaring as loud as the speakers surrounding you can stand. When the music is blasting towards you from all angles and you really feel the music. It feels like you're floating. That's when I feel infinite. Because music can never be stopped, no force on Earth can contain it. When you let the music wash over you and you can absorb it into your soul. When you can hear every harmony and every instrument. When you can hear and feel the emotion. When you can understand the meaning of not just the lyrics, but the music underneath. That is when you can truly begin to appreciate and start to understand what music is.

Music begins in our bones, it's literally pumping through our blood. With every heart beat we feel the rhythm. This is why no one can hate music. We are music. I believe that music is the energy flow of life. How we feel reflects into the music we make and listen to. Music can change the entire way we think and feel. Even when you're driving in the car, feeling the saddest you have ever felt, if you're favorite song comes on the radio it makes your day better.

One of my favorite memories was when I was in the car with my dad and were in the front and my siblings were in the back and a song would come one the radio and I would start singing along. And if my dad knew it too he would also sing. And we would sing and sing and sing until we got to where we were going. Even though it was something as simple as singing in the car, I loved how it made me feel.

Yesterday I got to hang out with two of my favorite people ever, my cousins Reuben and Jethro. All three of us are very musical and into the performing arts. The only problem is we don't get to see each other very often because we live far away from each other. But when we do get together, we usually eat food while we talk about school etc. And then we find a piano. Jethro can sightread really well and we go through all the songs we can think of. Yesterday we were at our aunt Lydia's house who has an entire bookshelf dedicated to sheet music. Needless to say it was a really good day. We sang a lot of Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables (We all love musical theater, especially Reuben). It's so fun to get to know your cousins through music and I have to give major props to their parents for raising them with good music all around them. I love my family, and I love all the music they expose me to! I mean if it weren't for Reu and J I wouldn't know who Coldplay was! I owe them big time for that!

I am so immensely grateful for music. I know with every fiber of my being (wow...that escalated quickly!) that music is the reason life is wonderful. No matter who you are or where you come from music is the universal language. Everyone can feel the beat and rhythm of life weaving it's way through the notes. And that is why I love it so much. That is why I am so incredibly thankful for music.


No comments:

Post a Comment